DR. SANGEETA NAVEEN SRIVASTAVA
Maharashtra State Awardee-2017
Principal and Chief Academic Officer (C.A.O.)
Kandivli Education Society’s
• Sardar VallabhBhai Patel Vividhlakshi Vidyalaya (Govt. Aided)
• Shri T. P. Bhatia College of Science (Govt. Aided @ Unaided)
Shantilal Modi Road,( Jr. College) Kandivli West./ Subhash Lane (School)
Tel: 28072152, 28083222, 28080310, 65246548
Professional Portfolio :
• B. Ed. University of Lucknow (1985)
• M.A.: English Literature, University of Mumbai (1999)
• Post Graduate Diploma in Management of Education (P.G.D.M.E.) University of Mumbai (2000)
• Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communications Yashwantrao Chavan Muktvidyapeeth Open University (Y.C.M.O.U.) with Distinction (2010).
• Praveshika Purn (Three Years) Classical Vocal Music Course Sharada Sangeet Vidyalaya, Gandharva University (2003) with Distinction
• Ph.D. Education, Department of Education, University of Mumbai.(2014)
• Secondary School teacher at Ritambhara Vishwa Vidhyapeeth’s School (1994-2000)
• Principal since 2000 at:
Kandivli Education Society’s, S. V. P. V. Vidyalaya & Sri T.P. Bhatia college of Science, English and Gujarati Medium;
• Secondary and Technical Sections, Junior College of Science
(Students Strength: 8000 and 250 staff members).
• Action research on ‘Emotional Intelligence of Secondary School Teachers’ (2000)
• ‘Organizational Citizenship Behavior’ of Secondary School Teachers (2013)
• Remedial teaching and counseling for academically weak students ongoing.
• Development of scientific temperament and environment awareness in students through activities like botanical and butterfly garden, compost and tree plantation.
• Action Research on ‘Using Dance, Dramatics, Music, Arts and Sports to Discipline Students’ (2017)
• 2 day training course for Headmasters conducted by Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Govt. of Maharashtra for English Syllabus, Sept 2006.
• Training for Master Trainer, 5 days for Principals in Mumbai division conducted by Maharashtra State Educational Research and Training, Pune in 2010.(YASHDA)
• Conducted5 days training for Principals on 2010 as Trainer.
• Training for Master Trainer, 5 days course, State training Centre, Pune.(2012)
• 10 days in-service training of the HSC and SSC Board, Govt. of Maharashta in 2013.
• One day Summit of Principal on ‘Discipline- New Challenges’ conducted by Institute of Counsellor Training Research and Consultancy, 2014.
• 6 day Certificate Course in Training Skills, Training Needs and Evaluation, Developing and Creating Effective Training Presentations; Rutgers University, New Jersey, U.S.A. Sept. 2014.
• 3 day NASA Educational Camp Certificate with Jr. College students at Kennedy Space Center, Orlando, U.S.A. in May 2014 and May 2015.
• Started Cambridge International Junior College (AS & A level) (2009) and
B. Sc. (I.T.) (2009)
• Approval and Affiliation obtained from Cambridge International Examinations, U.K.
• Appreciation certificates from National Science Olympiad Foundation in Science, for achievement of students in Mathematics, English and Cyber Olympiad 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2106.
• ‘Certificate of Honour’ by the BrihanMumbai Association of Heads of Secondary & Higher Secondary Schools for securing good SSC results.
Initiatives for Govt. Aided sections:
• Sports activities resulting in achievements of students in sports and athletics at State and National levels.
• Students’ Participation and winning in Interschool Dramatics and Dance competitions.
• Opportunity for Students to participate in a number of curricular and co-curricular activities like Nature Club, Science Club, Science Projects,
• Organized Interactive Seminars by educationists, experts, scientists and professionals.
• Organized Yoga and Meditation workshops for teachers and students.
• Appointed specialized expert teachers for Art, Dramatics, Folk Dance.
• Appointed a Music Band Master to train students.
• Organized ‘Bhartiya Sanskriti Gyan Pariksha’ in 2005 for all students.
• Appointed a Psychological Counselor to look after student’s day to day personal academic and psychological needs.
• Equipping classrooms with latest digital boards and Smartclass.
• Computer labs, language lab for learning English since 2000.
• Started special integrated programme for students of Std. 11 and 12 to coach them for IIT-JEE for Engineering and Medical Courses (2009).
• Launched website www.kes.ac.in for school and Jr. College.
• Ventured into having an interactive website for students.
• Awarded A Grade for school and Jr. College by SSC/HSC Board every year
• Co-convenor appointed by the Education Department as of 15 schools of the ‘R’ West Ward since 2000.
• Member of the ‘Mahila Dakshata Samiti’ of Kandivli Police Station since 2004
• Master Trainer for training of Principals under Sarva Shiksha Abhiyaan and Rashtriya Madhyamik Shilksha Abhiyaan,at ‘Yashada’, Pune in 2011 and 2013.
• Member of the SSC and HSC Boards Flying Squads
• As Chief Conductor of HSC and SSC exams.
• Master Trainer for ‘Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyaan’ conducted Vocational Guidance Training for teachers of Secondary Schools of R Ward. 2014.
• Chief-Editor of ‘Prerna’2014-15, 2015-16 an interschool science magazine of Education Department, West Zone, ‘R’ West Ward.
• Resource person/trainer for In-Service Training of Senior Scale and Selection Grade teachers held in June 2016.
• Appointed as a Facilitator for M.A. in English Literature for Yashwantrao Chavahan Open University in 2015-16.
Awards and Recognitions:
• ‘Guru Vandan Award’ by Bharat Vikas Parishad, Principal’s Association and Education Department (2005).
• Project in ‘Eradication of Illiteracy’ recognized by Education Department, West Zone and HSC and SSC Board ‘R’ West Ward- Science Exhibition.
• Project with students’ sr. group ‘Save Electrical Energy’ R West Ward Science Exhibition, (2004).
• Science Exhibition Project- ‘Commuting made Convenient’. (2002-03) best project award to school.
• Letters of appreciation from Minister of State from higher and Technical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra in 2002.
• ‘Paryavaran Ratna Award’ and ‘Paryavaran Dronacharya Award’ in ‘Save the Earth’. Programme, March 2007
• Kandivili Education Society’s (KES) award for securing 100% results in the Science Junior College (2008).
• ‘Prashashti Patra’ awarded by Mumbai Prantiya RashtraBhasha Prachar Sabha’ in programme, ‘Ek Hridaya Ho Bharat Janani’ on Rashtriya Hindi Diwas. September 2008
• Times N.I.E. Principal’s Award for excellence presented by Mr. Shahrukh Khan (Actor) at NIE Principal’s Meet, September 2010.
• Appreciation by the Rotary Club, Kandivli on students’ achievement in HSC and SSC Exam 2010.
• ‘Aadarsh Shikshak Puraskar’ by Saraswati Seva Trust presented by Smt Kavita Hemant Karkare (September 2010 and February 2011).
• ‘Abraham Lincoln Prerna Puraskar’ by Shikshak Bharti, presented by Hon. Education Minister Shri Rajendra Darda and MLA Shri Kapil Patil (April 2011). Followed by appreciation letter by the management of KES.
• ‘Best Principal and Social Worker’ awarded by the Editor of ‘Sab Ki Khabaren’ on occasion of their anniversary in 2011.
• ‘Appreciation Certificate’ by Bombay Arts and Sports for ‘On the Spot Drawing Competition’ in 2011.
• Award and citation for invaluable contribution to society in building new generation by Rotary Club Kandivli (W), Mumbai, on the occasion of Teacher’s Day September 2014.
• ‘Active Principal Award’ by Kala Sadhna Art Academy for state level Drawing, Colouring and Handwriting Competition, 2014.
• ‘Award of Excellence in the Field of Education’ given by the Greater Mumbai Secondary and Higher Secondary Principals’ Association, in February 2015.
• ICE award for in-house magazine ‘Gulmohor’ for in-house communication in May 2015.
• Article and recognition in prestigious newspapers and magazines.
Social Initiatives & Activities
• Extending a helping hand to NGO ‘Sopan’ for special children by involving school students in encouraging them for vocation since 2010.
• Supporting social activities of ‘Kandivli Hitwardhak Mandal’s Medical Center, 2010.
• Extending support to AIDS patient women and their children through NGO Aids Combat International (ACI) since 2011.
• Electronic Wheelchair donations to needy students with help of social organizations and philanthropists. 10 wheelchairs donated so far.
• Invited as Guest and Judge at various social events like Rotary Club Mumbai Dahisar 2007 for HSC SSC Students felicitation, Bharat Vikas Parishad students felicitation, 2007, Prajapita Brahma Kumari Kandivli West for ‘National Road Safety Week Elocution Competition- 2008, as a special guest for candle lighting at 50th year celebration of Bramha Kumaris Kandivli West centre on 1st May 2016, Lecture on ‘Parenting” in February 2016 for members of Rotary Club, Kandivli West.
Publications and Presentations:
• Paper Presented in the International Conference in The University of Mumbai, Department of Education, on ‘Perspectives in Higher Education: Alternatives in the Context of Globalization’, on topic: ‘Preparing Students for Higher Education in the Digital Era’ in January 2014.
• Paper presented at Education Department, University of Mumbai, at the International Conference in Education in January 2015, titled “Building Synergetic Partnership between Schools and Teacher Education Institutions”.
• Research Article ‘Effect of ICT Tools on Teaching of English’, published in International Educational Journal ‘Conflux’ in February, 2014.
• Research Paper presented in Department of Education, University of Mumbai, on ‘Effect of ICT Tools on Academic Improvement of Secondary School Students’, August 2015.
• Research Paper presented in the ‘3rd Asian Conference on Education’ in Kobe, Japan held in October, 2015, titled, “Learning through Technology: an Indian Experience”.
• Workshop on communication skills for teachers’ for teacher students at Education Department, University of Mumbai on “Its only Words…”. January 2016.
• Research Paper presentation in Beijing in 16th World Congress of Comparative Education Societies on ‘Bridging the Gap between Quality and Quantity: An India Classroom’ in August 2016.
• Trainings and workshops conducted for school teachers on topics like, ‘How to be a good teacher’, ‘Leadership skills’, ‘Are you a Professional’, ‘Lessons from Eagle’, ‘Ways to be a Happy Teacher’, , ‘Health is Wealth’, ‘Lessons from Mahabharat’, ‘ Learning Disability’, ‘ Creativity in teaching’, ‘Team Spirit’, ‘Teacher Empowerment’, ‘Why Suicide’, “Controlling students in classroom” and ‘Importance of Dressing up for a Professional’.
• Publication of Book based on doctoral research titled, “Teachers Create Magic With ICT tools” in August 2016, launched at the hands of Education Minister Sri Vinod Tawde.
• Research Paper accepted and to be presented at International Education Conference to be held in Beijing Normal University, China WCCES, August, 2016
• Research paper presented in National Conference in Education in Tilak College of Education, Pune on ‘Disciplining Students through Music, Dance, Drama, Music and Art: an Experiment’.
• Paper published in the Online International Journal with ISBN named ‘Scholarly Research Journal for Interdisciplinary Studies’
Certificates to institution
• 2006-07 from Education Inspector west Zone for 1st Prize in the District level Vigyan Natyotsav
( Science based Drama Competition)
• 2008-09 from Education Department West Zone, for 1st Best Performing School in Interschool Sports Festival.
• 2009 from Ideal Drama and Entertainment Academy, Kaifi Azmi Trophy for 2nd Best Play at 15th Interschool Drama Competition.
• 2009-10, from Lions Club International, for excellent propagation & implementation of ‘Lions- Quest Skills for Adolescence’, a preventive life skills programme.
• 2010 from BMC Mumbai District AIDS Control Society, 1st prize in Street Play Hindi regarding HIV/ AIDS awareness programme.
• 2010 from Maharashtra Pollution Control Board, Eco Folks, 2nd Prize for Best Green School.
• 2010 from Maharashtra Pollution Control Board 3rd Prize in Enviro Inter School Drama Competition.
• 2010-11 from Zilla Sainik Welfare Office, Mumbai Suburban for contribution towards Armed Forces Flag Day.
• 2011 from Kalasadhna Art Academy for Active School Award for outstanding contribution in ‘Colouring contest’.
• 2013 from Pragati Mitra Mandal for cent percent result in SSC examination.
• 2014 from Kalasadhna Art Academy, ‘Active School Award’ for State level drawing, coloring and handwriting competition.
• Awarded Best School in ‘R’ ward in Science Exhibition by Education Department West Zone-December 2010, 2013 and 2015.
• 2014, 2015, 2016 from Association of Heads of Secondary and Higher Secondary Schools for securing excellent result in SSC and HSC exam.
• Certificate of large participation from International Science Olympiads from SOF 2009 to 2016.